crimelog
Police Station 40th and Chestnut

Other Assault:

An unaffiliated male reported being harassed by a known person at 5:15 p.m. at Class of 1920 Dining Commons.

Burglary:

Nov. 13: On the 4000 block of Walnut Street at 11:30 p.m., an affiliated man reported his guitar missing from his apartment.

Nov. 14: On the 100 block of S 39th Street at 4:56 a.m., an affiliated man reported that a suspect had entered his residence without permission. The suspect did not forcibly enter and nothing was taken.

DUI:

Nov. 14: A driver was found asleep behind the wheel in the running lane at the intersection of 38th and Spruce streets at 3:22 a.m. The driver was found to have a strong smell of alcohol, slurred speech and bloodshot eyes. The suspect was arrested.

Robbery:

Nov. 14: Two suspects were reported to have entered Mad Mex (3420 Moravian Court) at 2:16 a.m. after the restaurant had closed and demanded money. The complainants noticed that the suspects had firearms. The suspects fled the scene with the stolen money.

Other Offense:

Nov. 11: Multiple Penn students complained about having been added to a group chat without their consent which had offensive language and images.

Assault:

Confidential. Unaffiliated man arrested.

Nov. 16: An unaffiliated man stopped his vehicle at the intersection of 38th and Spruce streets at 10:13 p.m. when the suspect, an unaffiliated man, punched the complainant in the head and wrestled with him, causing the complainant to injure his hand.

Nov. 19: An unaffiliated man reported an unknown person attempted to leave the bar of the Cleopatra Hotel (4145 Chestnut Street) without paying, at 3:15 a.m. When asked to pay, she overturned furniture and threw a sharp object at the complainant. The suspect fled in a vehicle.

Confidential. Unaffiliated male arrested.

Nov. 22: A suspect was in a verbal fight with the complainant when he choked her at the Cinemark (4012 Walnut Street) at 2:15 p.m.

Fraud:

Nov. 18: An affiliated man reported fraudulent purchase orders being made at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania at 9 a.m.

Nov. 18: Two suspects left the premises of Copabanana (4000 Spruce Street) at 12:12 a.m. without paying. One suspect, an unaffiliated man, was identified by the staff and held for the arrival of police.

Nov. 21: An affiliated woman reported fraudulent prescriptions made in her name were processed at a pharmacy, Penn Medicine Market (3737 Market street) at 1 p.m.

Narcotic:

Nov. 19: An unaffiliated man was observed slumped over asleep on a bench on the 3400 block of Market Street at 1:20 a.m. He was found to be profusely sweating. Upon further investigation, he was found to have an active warrant for arrest, and when processing for the arrest he was found to be possessing illegal narcotics.

Weapons:

Nov. 20: A suspect transported the the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania via ambulance at 5:00 p.m. was discovered to have a firearm on him. The unaffiliated man was arrested for carrying the loaded firearm without a permit.

Theft from Vehicle: 1

Theft from Building: 11

Bike Theft: 1

Retail Theft: 1

Sex Offense: Confidential.

Harassment: Confidential.

Harassment: Confidential