hicks

We are going over/under with Penn basketball as the Quakers take on Delaware State. Enjoy.

2.5 Freshman playing 15+ minutes- OVER
With only two returning players having started more than eight games last year, plenty of fresh faces will get the opportunity to prove they deserve playing time. With a very deep six-man freshman class, it is very likely that at least half of the freshman class with get significant playing time on Saturday. Forward Mike Auger and guards Darnell Foreman and Antonio Woods are the best bets to get playing time for the Quakers.
20 points for Tony Hicks- OVER
Hicks’ tumultuous 2013-14 campaign, which included a suspension for punching a Columbia player, was emblematic of Penn’s season as a whole. However, the junior guard did manage to lead the team with 14.9 points per game last year, including a 33-point outburst against Niagara and a 28-point performance against Temple. Hicks will be the engine of the Quaker offense this season, so look for him to get plenty of scoring opportunities against a beatable Delaware State defense.
60 Points scored by Delaware State- UNDER

The Hornets were anemic on offense last season, as their 61.1 points per game were the 10th-fewest in all of Division 1. 6-foot-10 big man Kendall Gray will be Delaware State’s go-to scoring option, but Penn has a behemoth of its own in 6-foot-11 junior Darien Nelson-Henry to neutralize the Hornets’ scoring in the post. Look for the Quakers to start the year off with a solid team defensive effort.