dsc_0880
Credit: Photo Illustration by Sam Sherman

Penn students still struggling in the search for part-time jobs now have an easier way to find them.

Campus Job, a company founded by Penn alumni, acts as a liaison between undergraduates and businesses looking to hire students. Launched only a month ago, Campus Job already has job listings at 7,556 post-secondary schools nation-wide.

“Part-time jobs are a perfect way for undergraduates to realize what they want to do in life. By experiencing different jobs, they can rule out what they like and what they do not,” said Jordyn Feingold, a Penn representative for Campus Job. “Plus, what college student wouldn’t want to make some extra money?”

Campus Job was co-founded by two Penn alumni — 2011 Huntsman Program graduate JJ Fliegelman and 2012 College graduate Liz Wessel—who both had dreams to start their own companies since college. While at Penn, Wessel and Fliegelman worked together on a side-project that helped businesses find students to hire as campus representatives. With their project, they competed in PennVention and won $1,000. The project later became the inspiration for Campus Job.

Although the two Penn graduates picked up different career paths after leaving Penn, they found each other again two years later and decided to turn their college dreams into reality.

The final product is a user-friendly website where students can sign up to find part-time jobs using their university emails. They fill out a profile and survey about their fields of job search, GPAs, majors, interests and even fun facts. “They provide a 360-degree view about their profile,” Wessel said. Businesses can also create their own profiles for free and announce available job opportunities. They can either wait for applicants to find them or look through possible candidates online.

The website continues to grow at a rate of 1,000 users per week and posts 1,000 new job listings each week as well, but the company still aims for more. For the next six months, the co-founders will be pushing to get more students and businesses to sign up.

“We have faith in each other and in the website,” Wessel said.