The sunny weather was not representative of the Penn men’s tennis team’s trip to Florida for their spring break.

After a 6-1 win against UMBC that capped a six-game winning streak for Penn last Saturday, the Quakers lost all three of their matches in the Sunshine State.

The first stop was Boca Raton, Fla. on Monday, where the Red and Blue faced Florida Atlantic. Penn quickly ran into doubles trouble against the Owls, losing the doubles point with two of the three matches ending in losses. In the singles matches, three of six Quakers took home victories, resulting in a close 4-3 loss.

Penn then traveled to Miami to play Barry — the fourth-ranked team in Division II — on Wednesday. The Buccaneers proved a difficult opponent early on, taking the doubles point by winning two of three doubles matches. The Red and Blue were unable to make a comeback, dropping four of six singles matches en route to a 5-2 loss.

Friday afternoon, the Quakers fell again to a Sunshine State team, with a 5-2 loss against South Florida in Tampa, Fla. After losing the doubles point to the Bulls in a 3-0 sweep, Penn could gain only two victories in singles.

Despite the three away losses, the Red and Blue seemed undeterred as they pulled off another 6-1 win at home yesterday against Binghamton.

The victory extends their home winning streak to seven. The Quakers regained their dominance in doubles, with a 3-0 sweep of the doubles matches. Five ensuing victories in singles ensured a mirror score of the match against UMBC.

Next Saturday, Penn will be on the road again, this time in Richmond, Va., to take on Virginia Commonwealth.

“Penn men’s tennis aims to remain hot” : http://www.thedp.com/article/2013/02/penn-mens-tennis-aims-to-remain-hot

Men’s Tennis aiming to keep streaks alive

Penn tennis defeats Seawolves

BRIEF | Penn men’s tennis squeaks past Georgetown

Penn men’s tennis faces a struggling Georgetown, has won 22 straight over Hoyas