Penn gymnastics started off its spring break strong, defeating Ursinus 189.425 to 185.375.

Bars was the team’s strongest event of the day. The Red and Blue scored a 48.775 — a season high and good for the second-highest score in program history.

Freshman Elyse Shenberger took first with a career high of a 9.850. She was followed by seniors Megan Milavec, Kirsten Strausbaugh and Dana Bonincontri, who all tied with a 9.800.

This marked the first time Bonincontri has competed since injuring herself earlier in the season.

Strausbaugh and Milavec had strong performances all around scoring a 38.600 and a 37.975 respectively in the individual all-around.

Shenberger, who has been competing all-around, did not, however, due to the return of an old injury.

This past weekend, the Quakers placed third at their quad meet with a 193.000. Penn State took the meet with an impressive 196.975, followed by New Hampshire with a 194.225. Temple came in fourth with a 189.650.

It was the beam where the team showed off its skill this past weekend. Scoring a 48.775, the Red and Blue got the third-highest numbers on beam in program history. Bonincontri and Strausbaugh tied for sixth place, scoring a 9.800 and achieving career highs for both.

Though the team placed third, the all-around score is impressive. The Quakers will be competing next on March 16 in Chapel Hill, N.C., against the North Carolina in their final dual meet of the season.