CHEERS

• To 1987 College graduate Jon Huntsman Jr. for representing Penn well during the Republican race.

• To the University for offering transgender insurance benefits to faculty and staff.

• To College sophomore Dan Bernick for running again and for bringing a fresh perspective to Undergraduate Assembly leadership.

• To College sophomore Tania Chairez for giving a face to undocumented students.

• To student activists who brought notable visibility to their causes.

• To Penn for protecting free speech by allowing the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions conference to take place on campus despite pressure to do otherwise.

• To SAS computing for getting in line with students’ preferences by switching to Gmail.

• To seven more years of Penn President Amy Gutmann. And her house parties.

• To students and to men’s hoops for making Penn basketball relevant again.

• To women’s lacrosse, men’s golf and gymnastics for being Ivy champs.

• To Penn for teaming up with Coursera provide classes for free online.

JEERS

• To the University for taking over a year to offer faculty and staff the same benefits that transgendered students enjoyed.

• To the NYPD for profiling Muslim students through their surveillance efforts.

• To individuals on both sides of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for neglecting to foster a collaborative discussion in the weeks surrounding the Boycotts, Divestment and Sanctions conference.

• To former Graduate School of Education Vice Dean Doug Lynch for falsifying his degree and to administrators for failing to take appropriate action after it was brought to their attention, tarnishing Penn’s reputation.

• To the Pennsylvania liquor control board for shutting down our closest liquor store.

• To Alpha Epsilon Pi for voting to become derecognized, letting down their alumni and the Greek community.

• To those who prematurely dismissed Geoffrey Canada as a graduation speaker.

• To Wharton senior Zack Rosen for graduating and leaving us behind.

• To the alcohol policy review committee for failing to present a policy review that should have been delivered in October

Think we missed something worthy of cheering or jeering? Add it in the comments below.____