Penn men’s basketball missed out on its shot at an Ivy playoff and the chance to play for an NCAA tournament bid last week in a crushing loss to Princeton — but the Quakers will have at least a chance to end on a better note.

After missing out on a bid to the National Invitational Tournament, the Quakers will host a game in the College Basketball Invitational. Penn plays Quinnipiac Wednesday at the Palestra.

Also in the CBI is rival Princeton, Pittsburgh and two-time national runner up Butler.

According to an article on Hamptonroads.com, Penn will pay approximately $35,000 to host the first-round game.

Earlier Sunday, Harvard heard its fate during the NCAA tournament selection show. The 12th seeded Crimson travel to Albuquerque, N.M., to face Vanderbilt, a five-seed in the East region.

No Ivy teams made the NIT, though Princeton was considered a bubble team.

Philadelphia’s lone representative in the NCAA tournament is fifth-seeded Temple, which will take on the winner of California/Southern Florida.

Yale also gets another chance to play, facing former Princeton coach Sydney Johnson at Fairfield in the first round of the College Insider Tournament.

On Friday, Penn Athletics emailed basketball season ticket holders informing them that the Quakers would play in a postseason tournament, hosting a game at the Palestra Wednesday if the Quakers didn’t make the NIT. The email offered exclusive presale to season ticket holders, adding the general admission tickets would go on sale Monday.