Exactly one year ago, the newly elected 127th Board of Editors and Managers set out with a lofty goal.

Facing a rapidly changing media landscape and a national decline in newspaper readership, we knew that we would have to make some big changes to preserve our role on campus.

As student journalists, we set out to redefine the role of the modern newsroom.

We sought to set the standard for clear, honest and objective news coverage while adapting to the quickening pace of communications.

One hundred and thirty-four issues later, it is clear that though there is still much more work to be done, we have started to move in the right direction.

Our board got off to a strong start, exposing the budget deficit facing the Student Activities Council and exploring the factors that lead Penn students to enter the sex industry. We started discussions about racism and undocumented immigrants on campus. One Under the Button post about a certain dead professor even landed on the nightly news in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Meanwhile, we expanded our online offerings, revamping 34st.com, theDP.com and The Buzz sports blog. We also introduced an improved politics blog and a brand new mobile site.

And though there is so much more to do, we are confident that the new board will pick up right where we left off. We eagerly anticipate the new leadership and the changes it will introduce.

On behalf of our staff, I want to thank you, the readers, for demanding the best in us and for following along on our journey.