Soon, Penn students may be able to buy hard liquor along with their cereal at the Fresh Grocer.

The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board announced last month that they will be running a pilot program to sell hard liquor to some of the current wine kiosks across the state.

However, there is no current time line for when the program will be put in place — nor is there a plan for determining which grocery stores will test it out and what types of liquor will be sold, PLCB spokeswoman Stacey Witalec wrote in an email.

But if the pilot program is a success, all Pennsylvania grocery stores with wine kiosks will expand to include spirits, Witalec added.

According to Carly Spross, the Fresh Grocer’s spokeswoman, they have no say in whether or not a kiosk for spirits will be added to their location. She added, however, that the wine kiosk at the 40th and Walnut location is one of the best-selling ones.

“I personally really like it a lot,” College junior Alexandra Crooks said, regarding the kiosk. “Frogro is a lot more convenient and safe — sometimes I don’t feel safe walking all the way to Market Street alone at night.”

The wine kiosks were first installed in grocery stores around the country after a pilot program last summer. Fresh Grocer had a kiosk installed in September 2010 following a small-scale introduction to two Pennsylvania grocery stores in June.