Just two months into her collegiate tennis career, Connie Hsu has already established herself as a championship contender.

After five days of competition at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Northeast Regional in Hanover, N.H., Hsu emerged from the final round as the singles champion.

In a tough title match against Binghamton senior Anna Edelman, Hsu took the first set, 7-5, and won the second after a decisive 7-0 tiebreaker.

The victory wasn’t her only commanding performance — Hsu swept through every opponent, winning all 12 sets. Her victory marks the best fall performance for a Penn women’s player since 2001.

In particular, the freshman phenomenon denied Dartmouth senior Molly Scott a single game in either set in the semifinals.

The Regional, Penn’s final tournament of the fall, capped off a stellar season for Hsu.

In her first collegiate competition, the Texas native won the top singles title. Two weeks later, Hsu took both the singles and doubles championships at Penn’s Cissie Leary invitational.

Hsu also advanced from the pre-qualifying tournament at the ITA All-American Championships to the round of 32, where she suffered her only loss of the season.