If Penn goalie Kieran Sweeney expected any Southern hospitality in Williamsburg, Va., this past weekend, the Davidson and William & Mary field hockey squads quickly put the idea out of her head.

In games Saturday and yesterday, both teams outshot Penn, launching a barrage of shots towards the Quakers’ goal.

And while Sweeney and the Penn defense held off the Tribe’s attack on Saturday, defeating William and Mary 1-0, Davidson narrowly edged out the Quakers Sunday, 4-3.

Though William & Mary outshot Penn 17-8, Sweeney racked up seven saves to earn the win. The game’s lone goal came from freshman Sunny Stirewalt off a dump from classmate Julie Tahan.

Davidson proved an even tougher match for the Red and Blue, with the Wildcats taking an early 2-0 lead just fifteen minutes in.

But the Quakers responded with two goals of their own. Sophomore Kyle deSandes-Moyer put Penn on the board, and at the end of the half, junior Kristin Snyder tied the game.

Though sophomore midfield Sarah Hasson would earn Penn the lead just two minutes into the second half, Davidson immediately answered. And while Sweeney tallied 10 saves during the game, it was not enough to keep the Wildcats from taking back the lead with roughly 18 minutes left in play.