On Saturday, the walkway in front of College Hall became a little messier when 10 Penn students downed bowls of pudding, sending green and brown slime across the area.

This weekend, Penn students of all class years gathered to witness this event and many more as part of the Social Planning and Events Committee’s second annual Fall Festival, which featured a Nickelodeon theme this year.

“We thought it would be a theme that a lot of people would identify with,” SPEC President and Wharton senior Adam Thompson said of the event’s focus.

The festivities kicked off at 2 p.m. with an inter-class DJ contest, an activity new to Fall Fest. A decibel reader measured the students’ applause to determine the winner of the contest. DJ Tega — otherwise known as College junior Adam Ortega — won the honor of DJing in the hour prior to the headlining performance.

According to SPEC Vice President and College senior Ferrell Townsend, “The point of [the DJ contest] was to reach out to upperclassmen.”

Throughout the afternoon, 39 campus groups set up booths along the Green. Booths ranged from cupcake decorating for Community School Student Partnerships to mocktails created by Penn Engineers Without Borders.

Rounding out the afternoon’s entertainment was the Battle of the Bands. The competition featured Penn student bands Fat Panther, Penn Karma, Unrapt and Joosed — Slow Dance Chubby dropped out of the competition at last minute because their lead singer lost his voice. Ultimately, Fat Panther claimed the winning title for the second year in a row.

In the evening, headlining performer Hoodie Allen — otherwise known as 210 Wharton graduate Steven Markowitz — took the stage. “I love Penn, and I wish I never had to leave,” he said. “But I’m glad to be back and performing for the people who started everything for me.”

During the performance, students crowded the walkway in front of College Hall clad in a sea of Nickelodeon-orange glow necklaces.

“Yo, UPenn, I’m loving this crowd right now,” Hoodie called out as the audience cheered.

Of the day’s events, College senior and Undergraduate Assembly Vice President Mark Pan said, “There are very few events that involve the entire Penn community so I appreciated that it brought the community together.”