0324crimemap

An interactive map of crimes in University City for the week March 13 through March 19. Related article: Crime log: March 13-19

Burglary

March 17 — Two male students, 19 and 20, reported at about 3:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect forcibly entered their residence on the 300 block of S. 41st Street and removed property.

March 16 — Three male students, aged 20, 20 and 19, reported at about 9:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect entered their residence on the 4000 block of Baltimore Avenue and removed property without their permission.

March 13 — At about 1:15 p.m., an unknown male was reported to have forcibly entered an office in the Laboratory for Research on the Structure of Matter, located at 3231 Walnut St., and removed property.

Robbery

March 14 — Two boys, both 15, were arrested at about 9 p.m. for allegedly forcibly removing an iPod from a male unaffiliated with the University, 25, on the 400 block of S. 41st Street.

Auto Theft

March 14 — A male unaffiliated with the University, 50, reported at about 2:30 p.m. that an unknown suspect took his vehicle from the Class of 1923 Ice Rink, located at 3130 Walnut St., without permission.

Theft

March 18 — A female unaffiliated with the University, 23, reported at about 10:30 a.m. that someone entered her secured vehicle on the 4200 block of Osage Avenue and removed property left in plain view.

March 18 — Tracy McGougan, 48, unaffiliated with the University and of the 5000 block of Jackson Street, was arrested at about 8:30 p.m. for allegedly attempting to remove merchandise without rendering payment at Fresh Grocer, located at 4001 Walnut St.

March 18 — A female unaffiliated with the University, 24, reported at about 10:15 a.m. that an unknown suspect entered her unsecured vehicle on the 200 block of S. 41st St. but did not remove any items.

March 17 — A male student, 36, reported at about 10:30 a.m. that someone removed his unattended and unsecured bicycle from the LRSM building.

March 17 — A female unaffiliated with the University, 19, reported at about 1 p.m. that an unknown suspect entered her unsecured vehicle on the 3600 block of Spruce Street and removed personal property, left in plain view.

March 17 — A female student, 22, reported at about 7:45 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her unattended personal items from the John Morgan Building, located at 3620 Hamilton Walk.

March 15 — A female University employee, 35, reported at about 12 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed personal items from an unsecured office at Steinberg-Dietrich Hall.

March 15 — A female University employee, 21, reported at about 12:15 p.m. that someone removed her laptop from the 4200 block of Spruce Street.

March 14 — A male unaffiliated with the University, 46, reported at about 12:45 a.m. that an unknown suspect entered his secured vehicle on the 3100 block of Walnut Street and removed property left in plain view.

March 14 — Phillip Dalton, 40, unaffiliated with the University and of the 4500 block of Sansom Street, was arrested at about 8:45 a.m. for allegedly attempting to remove two computers from Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, located at 51 N. 39th Street.

March 14 — A female student, 29, reported at about 3:15 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her secured bicycle from the 400 block of S. 42nd Street.

March 14 — Two female students, both 21, reported at about 11:30 a.m. that someone entered their secured vehicles on the 4000 block of Spruce Street and removed a GPS device, left in plain view, from one of the two vehicles.

March 13 — Jesse Alvis, 26, unaffiliated with the University and of the 3900 block of Fairmount Avenue, was arrested at about 8:30 p.m. for allegedly attempting to remove merchandise from Fresh Grocer.

Fraud

March 16 — At about 12:45 a.m., two unknown suspects were reported to have left Copabanana, located at 4000 Spruce St., without paying.

All information was provided by the Division of Public Safety.
View Crime map: March 13-19 in a larger map