You may have noticed that the DP looks a little different this morning.

All last semester, I told you that the DP wanted to be more than just Penn’s newspaper — we want to be the student’s newspaper. Over the summer, we worked on just that. The result is a new look and feel for The Daily Pennsylvanian.

You’ll notice in this issue that the “DP style” has changed. Not only have we completely redesigned the newspaper, we’ve reworked our approach to coverage. You’ll find more interesting teasers and graphic elements on the front page. You’ll see more feature articles and investigations courtesy of the DP features team. You’ll notice that we now run campus events on the front page and on page two.

Overall, you’ll see in this issue that the DP is working hard to give you all the things you want to see from your student newspaper. The new DP, more than ever, fills you in on the news every morning.

Whether you’re in your first weeks at Penn or in your last year, the DP is an integral part of every student’s morning, right there with coffee and your morning playlist. To accentuate that point this morning, we’re delivering the three crucial elements of the Penn morning routine to you. Weather permitting, we will be handing out coffee with your DP and we will be raffling off an iPod. Come check us out on the Walk beginning at 8:30 a.m. for your one-stop-shop morning routine.

This year, we’re really working on putting your Penn to paper. If you have any suggestions or feedback, don’t hesitate to e-mail me at mullin@dailypennsylvanian.com.