This Hey Day, the Class of 2009 will greet the current juniors not with condiments but with a raised glass.

The Senior- and Junior-Class Boards have established what they hope will become a new tradition with the "Final Toast," an event that aims to welcome the outgoing seniors into the alumni community while celebrating the incoming seniors at the same time.

The event, held on April 24 from 1-4 p.m. in conjunction with Hey Day, will include live music, guests, food and drinks on the Class of 1972 Terrace behind the Sweeten Alumni House and the northwestern section of College Green. Those seniors who sign a pledge committing to safe behavior will be permitted to attend.

The Class of 2009 will then salute the junior class from the Terrace and College Green as they march down Locust Walk.

"This is the initial step in welcoming the class of 2009 into the alumni community," Senior Class President Brett Perlmutter said. "It's a great opportunity to create a new tradition."

The event will be catered and will also serve free alcohol for those seniors with wristbands.

Perlmutter acknowledged the support the Senior- and Junior-Class Boards have received from outside sources in making both Final Toast and this year's Hey Day possible, including Alumni Relations and Penn Traditions, the Office of the Vice Provost for University Life, the Office of Student Life, the Council of Undergraduate Deans, Penn Police, the Office of Health Education, the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs, the Undergraduate Assembly and Penn President Amy Gutmann.

"The event is more upscale," Perlmutter described. "It's a sign of the trust that the University has put in the senior class."

Related StoriesHey Day moved back to a Friday for 2009 | Interactive feature - NewsFrom canes to condiments - NewsSafer Hey Day secures tradition - NewsOfficials: Hey Day could be changed or canceled - News