ao2730z4
This year's Hey Day T-shirt design was announced last night. The T-shirt is traditionally worn with a straw hat and cane during the Hey Day procession, which will take place next Tuesday.

The Hey Day T-shirt design was announced last night on the Web site of Penn's junior class.

The shirt, which was designed by Engineering junior Chloe LeGendre, will feature a picture of a Monopoly board with the words "Hey Day 2008 Class of 2009: Our Turn to Play." The various "properties" are buildings on campus like the Palestra and Wawa. It was selected after the Junior class held an online competition that drew around 50 designs.

The T-shirt is traditionally worn with a styrofoam hat and a cane for the Hey Day parade, which will take place next Tuesday at 3:15 p.m.

College junior and class president Brett Perlmutter said the class modified the "iconic" image of the Monopoly board to fit Penn.

"We liked the idea of the continuity at Penn - that Penn is a place that we'll remain connected to for a while, so in a way we'll still be going around the square," he said. "We liked the idea of progressing in the game of life."

Juniors can purchase T-shirts in front of the Office of Student Life in Houston Hall on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. Students who are currently abroad must arrange for someone to purchase Hey Day apparel for them.

All sales are cash only and students must present a PennCard at the time of purchase. They can also purchase a coupon that can be redeemed for a hat, cane and sunglasses.

For more information on pricing and times to purchase Hey Day gear, visit the Junior class Web site at www.penn09.com.