They may be known as Mask and Wig, but the club's tenth Annual Intercollegiate Comedy Festival headliner doesn't need a disguise to attract interest.

Kenan Thompson of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" and Nickelodeon's "All That" fame will host the festival, known as ComFest, at 8 p.m. on Feb. 6 in the Zellerbach Auditorium.

ComFest, a tradition started by a Mask and Wig member ten years ago, showcases an evening of performances by collegiate comedy troupes from across the nation. This year, Mask and Wig will be joined on the stage by Princeton University's Triangle Club, the University of Maryland's Sketchup and Boston College's Hello Shovelhead. The Social Planning and Events Committee will co-sponsor the event.

Thompson will be joining the ranks of Stephen Colbert, Bob Saget and other former festival hosts. The decision to select Thompson was not a particularly challenging one, said ComFest co-director and College junior Andrew Reich, who is also a member of Mask and Wig.

"We just sat around trying to think of up-and-coming comedians who would resonate with college students, someone who exemplifies what's going on in the world of comedy today," Reich said. "[Thompson] is one of the younger guys in SNL and he was also a legend for those of us growing up in the 90s."

In addition to making his television debut on "All That," Thompson is known for his role on the Emmy-winning Nickelodeon sitcom "Kenan and Kel" and also starred in the 2004 live-action film "Fat Albert."

"We wanted someone who would do sketch comedy well, who would interact with us on stage," said Engineering senior and ComFest co-director Engineering senior Nikhil Deshmukh, a member of Mask and Wig. "[Thompson] was familiar with that."

With Thompson as its headliner, the Mask and Wig Club, which also puts on an annual fall and spring show in addition to several smaller ones, is looking to increase the ComFest turnout this year.

"Last year's festival was very successful for those who came, but not as many people as we had hoped showed up," said Deshmukh. "We're hoping that this year's show will draw more people, but as long as performer and audience enjoy themselves, that's all we can ask for."

Tickets for ComFest are being sold on Locust Walk for $9 and at a discounted $7 for Feb Club seniors.