The Undergraduate Assembly released its end of the year report yesterday, detailing projects both near- and farsighted.

But the bulk of UA's work this year has involved projects that are so far unseen because they will not affect the student body until this fall.

This summer, the University will begin to make small improvements to the low-rise college houses, the result of a UA proposal. In addition, Student Health Services will likely move to a new location in part because of talks with the UA.

In the fall, students can expect substance-free housing options, improvements to the Office of Off Campus Living's Web site and iTunesU - an Apple-administered program that can store audio and video content, like lectures or student performances, thanks to the UA.

This year, the UA brought improvements to student life in the form of Ruckus, the free music downloading service; free copies of The New York Times, USA Today, The Philadelphia Inquirer and the Philadelphia Daily News; and $3 buses to and from the airport during peak travel times, like school vacations.

The body also worked with dining services this year to shift back hours of operation so that the dining halls would be open later and to increase the variety of food available for both meal and dining dollar options.

And, as always, the UA is looking ahead to the future:

n It has recommended that the University set aside funds to repair parts of Locust Walk.

n One day, students may have more channel variety on the Penn Video Network, including the possible addition of channels like HBO and BBC America.

n In a few years, students can expect a revamped Penn InTouch system that will make class registration an easier and more comprehensive process.

"I was happy that we were able to balance focusing on long term major initiatives and delivering short term tangible results," said Wharton senior Brett Thalmann, the outgoing UA chairman.

Thalmann will be succeeded by College junior Jason Karsh, who was elected to the post last week.