Four assaults, including three against security officials, and one robbery hit on or near campus since last Friday, marking a week with an unusually large amount of violent crime.

Two Penn Police officers were assaulted early Tuesday morning, and a store security guard at Fresh Grocer was assaulted Saturday afternoon.

None of the officers was injured.

A robbery and another unrelated assault also occurred early last Friday morning.

Division of Public Safety officials expressed concern over the high number of assaults on law enforcement officers, of which there have been 10 thus far this year.

"This is the highest number of assaults on police and security that I have seen in my 13 years at Penn," Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said.

In the incident Tuesday, Penn Police responded to an alleged fight between four males at Copabanana, located at 300 S. 40th St., at about 12:45 a.m.

One male involved allegedly attempted to punch a police officer and remove his weapon from its holster.

Tyrone English, 27, of the 2800 block of N. 8th Street, was arrested by Penn Police in connection with the incident and faces charges of attempted robbery, aggravated assault and other related offenses.

Police also encountered Tyrone Johnson, who had been involved in the alleged fight, near 40th and Spruce streets that night.

Johnson, 25, of the 3900 block of N. Franklin Street, allegedly attempted to punch a police officer and flee the scene.

Johnson was arrested by Penn Police and faces charges of aggravated assault and other related offenses. He received treatment for a laceration on his head that occurred in the initial fight.

In an unrelated assault on Saturday, George Slade, 44, of the 1400 block of N. 8th Street, was arrested after he allegedly threatened a security guard at Fresh Grocer, located at 4001 Walnut St., with a pocket knife at about 3:30 p.m.

Store security asked Slade to leave Fresh Grocer several times, but he resisted, DPS officials said.

When security attempted to escort Slade from the store, he reportedly brandished a knife and threatened to use it against the security officer.

Slade was arrested by Penn Police and faces charges of aggravated assault and simple assault.

Penn Police Chief Mark Dorsey said he was "very alarmed" at the attacks on police and security.

Still, he said he was proud of the officers' responses, which ensured the safety of both the law enforcement officials involved and bystanders present at the scene.

In another unrelated incident, a 21-year-old male was robbed at the 3900 block of Sansom Street early Friday morning, DPS officials said.

The man, who is unaffiliated with the University, was walking on Sansom Street at about 2:00 a.m. when he was approached from behind by three suspects.

He was then pushed to the ground and punched in the head.

The man did not clearly see his assailants and could not provide a description of them, DPS officials said.

The attackers took $40 in cash from the complainant.

The complainant was treated for injuries to the face and jaw at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

None of the suspects displayed a weapon.

Penn Police are investigating the incident, and there are currently no leads in the case.

In yet another unrelated incident, a woman said she was assaulted early Friday morning at Presbyterian Hospital, located at 51 N. 39th St.

The woman, who is not affiliated with the University, reported that she was bit on the left arm and hand while inside the hospital at about 2:30 a.m.

The offender also reportedly spit at hospital staff.

Rose Kennedy, 27, of the 3200 block of Summer St., was arrested by Philadelphia Police in connection with the incident.

Kennedy faces charges of aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment.