[Pauline Baniqued/The Daily Pennsylvanian] UA members give Chairman Jason Levine a standing ovation after his 'State of the UA' address at the final meeting of his 4-year career.

The Undergraduate Assembly wrapped up its year last night with a "State of the UA" address.

In his speech to the body -- which was followed by a standing ovation -- Chairman Jason Levine talked about the UA's efforts to work with students and administrators to create change over the past year.

"The state of the UA is terrific," Levine said, "but can also be improved."

Some of the tangible results that Levine said the UA has helped to implement this year include guest passes to Pottruck Health and Fitness Center, late-night study options and the addition of computers in Houston Hall.

The UA also has many ongoing projects including improving dining service and quality, unlocking the doors in the Quadrangle and implementing changes to the alcohol policy.

Levine also touched upon the UA's ongoing efforts to encourage student involvement by advertising UA meetings on Locust Walk and holding open forums at different college houses.

"A lot of people think the UA is working against them, but in reality, nothing would make any of us happier than hearing student gripes about anything," College senior Anthony Giuliano said.

In addition, he said many of the UA's efforts reached beyond Penn.

According to Levine, the UA's collaboration with Penn Leads the Vote helped increase voter turnout in the presidential election by 300 percent and its "UA5K" event raised more than $2,500 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Levine also emphasized the role that the UA Steering Committee -- a group of student leaders from an array of organizations which meets every couple weeks to discuss campus issues -- played in communicating with the UA and across constituencies.

"When we work together, when we create one voice, it's louder and more powerful than each individual entity shouting separately," Levine said, also alluding to a recent controversy over minority representation on the University Council -- a body of student, faculty, administrative and staff representatives.

In the upcoming year, Levine said the UA's budget process will be made more transparent and the budget committee will work more closely with organizations that the body funds.