The Office of Student Conduct has completed its investigation into six fraternities and sororities for possible violations of alcohol or hazing policy, or the Code of Student Conduct.

The findings have been turned over to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs for possible disciplinary action, OFSA Director Scott Reikofski said yesterday.

OFSA, however, would not comment on the investigation's findings, which could lead to educational programs, social probation or suspension for any of the groups involved.

OSC Director Michele Goldfarb could not be reached for comment.

In a typed statement, Reikofski said that he has received the investigation's findings and will be working with the national offices of the Greek organizations involved to formulate the next step.

"We have entered the next phase of the process," Reikofski said. "Currently, we are reviewing the findings as well as beginning to share and discuss them with national officers and alumni advisers."

The investigations into the three sororities -- Alpha Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta and Sigma Delta Tau -- and three fraternities -- Beta Theta Pi, Tau Epsilon Phi and Zeta Beta Tau -- began shortly before spring break.

Reikofski would not say whether or not the investigations found any of the groups "collectively responsible" for violating University hazing or alcohol policy or the Code of Student Conduct.

Sources close to the Greek community have suggested that some of the groups investigated were not found collectively responsible, although Reikofski would not confirm these reports.

"Until I have consulted with the chapters and the national headquarters of these chapters, I am not in a position to give... any more specifics," Reikofski wrote in a separate e-mail.

The OSC's findings include background information about how the investigation began, detailed documentation of the course of the investigation, descriptions of how the chapter -- or its members -- reacted to the investigation, a conclusion as to whether or not the group is collectively responsible for the violations, the OSC's reasoning in reaching that conclusion and possibly the impressions of the OSC.

Upon receipt of these findings, OFSA will contact undergraduate members of the chapter, its national office and its alumni to develop a formal agreement of responsibility, assuming that collective responsibility has been found.

If the investigations uncover no violation of University policy, OFSA will still work with the chapter members to determine what could have happened in the hopes of preventing future investigations.

Presidents of the six chapters either did not return phone calls or refused to comment on the investigations.

A representative from the Beta Theta Pi national office said that he had not yet been contacted by Reikofski, adding that he expects to receive a letter rather than a phone call.

Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator for the Delta Delta Delta national office Jessica Chapman also suggested that she has not been contacted by OFSA.

"There have been no new developments since our last correspondence on March 19," Chapman wrote in an e-mail statement.