With the blue-and-white star and stripes of the Israeli flag waving in the background, over a hundred students gathered on College Green yesterday in an act of solidarity for Israel following the weekend's terrorist strikes.

The rally, held at noon., featured a slate of student, political and religious speakers, all of whom emphasized that following the three suicide bombing attacks on Israel this weekend, Jewish Americans must demonstrate support for their sister country.

"Israel, you are not alone," Adam Groveman, one of the event's five speakers, declared from the podium placed directly in front of College Green's notable peace sign.

"To Mr. Arafat, we have a message - act now to stop terror and be a leader," the Wharton freshman continued. "Israel and Jews abhor war."

The event was prepared by members of Penn's Jewish community after 26 civilians were killed, and 250 injured, in three separate incidents - two in Jerusalem and one in Haifa - of attacks by suicide bombers last weekend. Since the attacks took place, the terrorist sect Hamas has claimed responsibility for the incidents, and Israel has begun retaliation by striking the offices of Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat.