Anthony Ragucci and the Penn men's track team return to Franklin Field after competing at the Raleigh Relays last weekend. This weekend, the Quakers host the Penn Invite. (Kristen Chard/DP File Photo)

This weekend, there's going to be quite a few British athletes on Penn's campus. No, Ugonna Onyekwe is not bringing his friends to West Philadelphia. Rather, teams from England's Oxford and Cambridge universities will be competing at this Sunday's Penn Invitational. The British athletes are here as part of an exchange program between six of the Ivy League schools and the two British schools. Every four years, Oxford and Cambridge do a mini-tour of the States, and then for the next three years, two Ivy League teams visit England. Next year, the Quakers -- and Cornell, their partner in the exchange -- will visit Oxford and Cambridge. "I'm really excited to finally come to the States," said Jeremy Bradley, an Oxford distance runner. "It's my first time, and it's just been a great trip." Sunday's meet, which will be held on Franklin Field, will feature Penn, Cornell and other local schools, in addition to the English squads. After two rain-riddled meets, the Quakers are excited about the possibility of a little good weather this time around. The forecast calls for temperatures in the high 60s. "It's just a whole lot easier to run when it's warm," Penn freshman distance runner Joe Plevevich said. "Mentally, it's a lot less burdensome." The Quakers will be hoping to continue their surprising success in the field and jump events. This weekend is the second meet back for Penn junior Tuan Wreh, who suffered a hamstring injury earlier in the season. Wreh placed fourth in the triple jump at the Raleigh Relays in his first appearance of the season. Also competing for the second time this season will be Penn freshman Adam Chubb. Chubb, a backup forward/center on the basketball team, tied the school record in the high jump last weekend, clearing the bar at a height of 7'1/4". "I was excited to see how I did after a long layoff," Chubb said. "I'm hoping to continue getting my form and technique to where I want it to be." Also looking to improve in the field events is Penn senior Seth Beaver, who won the javelin at the Penn Invite two weeks ago. After throwing a career best 65.36 meters, Beaver failed to reach that mark last weekend. "I wasn't that pleased with last weekend -- I just didn't throw that well," Beaver said. "I just need to concentrate on making a perfect throw and not on my mistakes." Plevevich, who is hosting Bradley, said that, in addition to looking to perform well in the 800, he is excited about the opportunity to compete with the English athletes. "It's really a great opportunity for us and them," Plevevich said. "Hopefully we'll go out there and have some fun running against them."