The group, which rejected an offer to play Penn the same weekend, wants to extend its European tour. When Princeton University won out over Penn to sign The Mighty Mighty Bosstones as the headliner for a major spring event, it seemed to many as if the New Jersey school's April 17 Spring Concert would outdo Penn's own Spring Fling, scheduled for the same weekend. Princeton's plans, however, are now seriously in jeopardy. The Bosstones, currently on a successful European tour, have decided to postpone or cancel several U.S. concert dates later this month to extend their overseas trip. Kevin Daley of Monterey Peninsula Artists, the band's college booking agent, would say only that "overseas commitments" are preventing the Bosstones from playing at Princeton April 17 and Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., the next day. Another agent at Monterey, Jonathan Levine, informed Princeton earlier this month of the change in plans, according to an article in yesterday's Daily Princetonian, Princeton's student newspaper. The Bosstones have been touring in Europe since late March. The group is scheduled to appear on a top-rated television show in Britain, and that "appearance must take precedence over all other commitments during that time," Levine said. Adam Abramowitz, a freshman member of Skidmore's student Senate, confirmed that the Bosstones had canceled their agreement to headline the school's Spring Fling. "Chances are they won't be with us," Abramowitz said. According to the Princeton paper, Levine told the Princeton concert planners that the band would be available on April 21, 27 and 30. The first two dates are weekdays and the third falls during the school's reading days before final exams. Princeton organizers have not yet decided whether to reschedule the concert for a date when the band will be available or to keep the original date, according to Daily Princetonian reporter Griff White, who has been covering the situation for the paper. Allison Rosen, co-director of the Social Planning and Events Committee's Spring Fling Committee, said she was not surprised by the turn of events. The Committee had tried unsuccessfully to bring the Bosstones to Penn for Fling. "I knew that was going to happen," the Wharton senior said, explaining that the group only planned to return from Europe the day before Fling. She added that it would be difficult, but not impossible, to reschedule a large concert on such short notice.