Perhaps as early as next season, the Penn football team will be playing under the lights of Franklin Field. According to Associate Athletic Director Fran Connors, the Quakers football schedule could include a night game, although Connors cautions that the discussion is still in the preliminary stages. "We're just looking into it," Connors said. "It's just an idea we're exploring. It's in a discussion stage." If the athletic department was to make use of Franklin Field's lights next year, it would likely be for only one game. Connors added that the athletic department tries to appeal even more to the fans, and that a night game is one possibility of increasing fan interest. "We're always looking for ways to increase attendance, appeal to fans, to improve our product," Connors said. If the Quakers were to play a game at night in the upcoming season, it would not be the first time. "There is a precedent for this because Penn has played night games in the past," Connors said, adding that the team played occasional night games between the years 1979 and 1985. Connors also noted that fireworks and even a concert followed some of the games in the past. While plans for a night football game have not been solidified, the idea seems to have fan support. "Playing at night would certainly add a new excitement level to the game, and students who don't want to wake up on the weekends would go," College freshman and Penn football fan Brian Goldberg said. "I think it would be a popular nighttime activity like the basketball games are. "Sports under the lights while the sky is dark -- it creates a different excitement factor. And Franklin Field has lights, right? So why not use them?"