The University's Board of Trustees had their Stated Meeting Friday afternoon, capping two days of intense committee meetings. Trustees Chairperson Roy Vagelos started off the meeting by awarding University Chaplain Stanley Johnson with the E. Craig Sweeten Award for Distinguished Service, in honor of the 34 years he served at the University. Johnson is retiring at the end of the month. Then University President Judith Rodin addressed the Trustees, summing up the major accomplishments of the year. She was proud to announce that the University's balanced budget successfully reduced core administrative costs and that the budget experienced the lowest growth in unrestricted costs in over a decade. Rodin also told the Trustees about the completion of phase one of the Provost's Council on Undergraduate Education's 21st-century Penn Undergraduate Experience, as well as the safety initiatives that have been implemented under the Master Security Plan. Then Provost Stanley Chodorow gave an update on the status of the numerous positions the University is attempting to appoint. This was followed by a report from Admissions Dean Lee Stetson, who informed the Trustees that the University received a record number of applications this year and that it had the lowest admit rate ever at 33 percent. Medical School Dean William Kelley, who is also chief executive officer of the University Health System, said the recent merger of the University Health System and Presbyterian Medical Center and two nursing homes is "extremely important for the continued development of our teaching program." Former Trustee chairperson Alvin Shoemaker reported that the Campaign for Penn showed no sign of slowing down this year, making $175 million-- $2 million more than last year. He also announced that undergraduate financial aid is the key fund raising goal for the near future and informed the group that construction on the Perelman Quadrangle is scheduled to begin in December. And Bruce Mainwaring, Chairman of the University Museum's Board of Overseers, said the museum has embarked on a plan for a new wing. He added that renovations to Harrison Auditorium and the museum's entrance may be in store.