Claim they weren't consulted Student leaders will be out in full force today to protest the lack of student involvement in recent restructuring decisions in the office of the Vice Provost for University Life. A flyer circulated yesterday by student groups organizing the demonstration claimed the recent transfer of Vice Provost for University Life Kim Morrisson to the provost's office could signal changes in certain student services. These services include the Career Planning and Placement Service, the Tutoring Center and Student Health, which have been traditionally overseen by the VPUL's office. The demonstration, which is planned to begin at 3:45 p.m. in front of McClelland Hall, will precede a University Council meeting to be held at the same place 15 minutes later. Undergraduate Assembly President Seth Hamalian said Monday that Morrisson's move had "deeper undertones" that foreshadowed future cuts in student services. "Since [the administration is dealing] with things close to students, we should be consulted every step of the way," he said. "Instead, they're doing this now when students have other things on their mind, which is consistent with administrative action in the past. Enough is enough." The discussion will likely carry into today's University Council meeting, Faculty Senate Chairperson Gerald Porter said. He added, though, that the issue is not on the agenda. "A major issue [for the Council meeting] is students' concern on the lack of consultation on the VPUL decision," Porter said. "I think we need to have some honest discussion and I'm sure the president and provost will address those issues in a forthright way." Interim Provost Marvin Lazerson said yesterday he does not have a set plan of action regarding changes in the VPUL's office. But he said it is his intention to make the office more efficient, not to cut student services. "I'm basically surprised at what I've been reading," Lazerson said. "I don't think anything I've read bears any relationship to what I've been thinking about." He added that although the University will need to save money in the next decade, he is "not sure there's a lot of money to be saved in student services." In addition to concerns about the VPUL, Porter said, the most important item on tomorrow's UC agenda is a resolution on improving academic integrity.