Pi Kappa Phi coming soon The Interfraternity Council, like every major sports organization, is undergoing expansion. A representative from Pi Kappa Phi will be coming to campus in early November to interview students interested in starting a chapter of the fraternity at the University, said Frank Wrenn, the fraternity's director of communications. Pi Kappa Phi's director of expansion, Joel Borellis, who will coordinate the start up process of the fraternity, said he will meet with Pi Kappa Phi alumni from the Philadelphia area in late October to create an alumni advisory board. Once he is on campus, Borellis said, he plans to advertise for the fraternity and introduce himself to current members of the Greek system. He said he hopes to pick a core group of students interested in starting the fraternity by December. The Drexel University chapter of Pi Kappa Phi will help to coordinate the introductory activities, he said. Once the interest group establishes the chapter, the new brothers will be free to try to recruit more members, said Borellis. "We definitely encourage a freshman spring rush," he said. Pi Kappa Phi was the only fraternity chosen to come to campus this fall from a group of several fraternities that applied for an expansion slot. Interfraternity Council President Morris Massel said the fraternity's large and strong local group of alumni was a factor in choosing Pi Kappa Phi over the other fraternities. The IFC was looking for a fraternity that would grow and be able to add something to the Greek community at the University. Massel said Pi Kappa Phi met these criteria. "Pi Kappa Phi is probably one of the strongest national fraternities that we don't have on this campus," the College senior said. "They will be a great addition." When the fraternity starts choosing members, Borellis said, he will hold informational meetings, though he hopes to recruit mainly through references. "We will try and find the people who couldn't find anything at other fraternities," Borellis said. The fraternity will be service-oriented and Borellis said he will look mainly for sophomores and juniors with leadership qualities. He hinted that he may look at grade-point averages as well. Wrenn said the fraternity needs students interested in serving the community because a chapter at the University will become part of a national philanthropic organization. "One of the most unique things about us is our national community service project, PUSH," Wrenn said. PUSH, People Understanding the Severely Handicapped, is a national non-profit organization created by Pi Kappa Phi that benefits the handicapped. Each chapter does charitable work for the project by raising money and participating in volunteer programs. According to Wrenn, Pi Kappa Phi's chapters raised $250,000 for the PUSH program last year.