Business in Philadelphia may not be booming, but this past summer witnessed at least the low rumble of change across the University campus. The most noticeable changes are in Houston Hall. A private mailing company replaced the post office and the Video Library was converted to a poster shop. Tom Hauber, associate director of Student Life, said that the change may put an end to headaches from the simple postal tasks of purchasing stamps and mailing packages. UCS Mail Stop Plus, the new private mailing company, will "have three people on the counter all the time, [and will have] much more modern equipment," he said. Hauber said the decision to close the post office had been in the works for three years. But the Houston Hall Board reserved the location for a private mail service because they felt it "was best to maintain a postal service." Houston Hall also replaced its branch of the Video Library with a new poster store, Palmer Graphics. Whit Schilling, who owns the Video Library in the Warehouse on Locust Street, said the Houston Hall branch of the Video Library was no longer profitable. He said he opted to use the space for a poster shop, even though The Book Store carries a large selection of posters. "I guess we will have better posters, greater variety... more interesting, challenging artwork," Schilling said. Hauber also said that the Houston Hall Board decided to move the Houston Hall business services to the former Houston Hall newsstand. The business services makes change for the stores and cashes petty cash forms for student organizations. Across campus, College Pizza will replace Barley 'N Hops in the newer, more visible storefront near the WaWa on Walnut Street. The new Gulf Coast Restaurant in International House takes the place of Eden, which closed last year. Two stores in University Plaza did not renew their leases: Campus Corner, a hardware store, now exhibits an empty storefront, while Encore Books has been replaced by an extension of The Book Store. Marty's, which has been closed since last fall, remains empty. Gary Gansky, director of fiscal operations in the department of real estate, said that there "are several prospective...similar businesses," looking to take the spot.