What's wrong with America? Tonight, we'll find out. In a discussion to be broadcast nationally on C-SPAN, prominent figures in American media and policy-making will talk with University students at the University's first annual town hall meeting. The panel discussion, sponsored by The Daily Pennsylvanian, Connaissance and the Penn Political Union, includes guests ranging from The New Republic's Assistant Editor Fred Barnes and McLaughlin Group member Eleanor Clift to former Congressional Democratic Whip Tony Coelho and Dave screenplay writer Gary Ross. "Each one of them is involved in a certain element of policy that is under debate now in this country," said Frank Luntz, who is currently New York mayoral candidate Rudy Giuliani's pollster. Luntz, a former University professor whose popular American Civilization course was canceled this year, will be moderating the panel discussion. College senior Robyn Allen, Connaissance chairperson, said Luntz was responsible for coordinating the event and the speakers will appear free of charge. "For us, it was just a wonderful opportunity," Allen said. President Clinton's special assistant James Carville, a planned panelist, will not be attending because he is out of the country, Luntz said last night. Other participants on the panel include U.S. News and World Report Assistant Editor Michael Barone and Wall Street Journal editorial board member John Fund. Penn Political Union's Scott Sher said the format of the program will lend itself to a lot of give and take between the panel and the audience. "There'll be questions and answers, so every student will have the opportunity to ask questions of the participants," the College senior said. "People will have an opportunity to voice their opinions." Allen said tickets will be available to University students at the door free of charge. The forum begins at 7 p.m. in the Annenberg Center's Harold Prince Theater. In addition to coordinating the event, sponsors said, Luntz arranged for C-SPAN to cover the event. Luntz said he believes the coverage will help the University's national image after international coverage of the now-notorious "water buffalo" and DP confiscation incidents. "Now, people will be able to see something positive about the University, the students, and the opportunities students have," Luntz said. Luntz said he coordinated the program because of a promise that he made to his former students. He also mentioned a more personal motive. "If the administration likes this program, maybe they'll let me have my job back," he said. "I want to teach again – it's the only thing I love."