The Palestra is a fan's stadium. Opposing teams hate it, and the Quakers love it. It has gone down in the history of college basketball as one of the best places to play the game. The spectators at last Saturday's game were especially enthusiastic, and they showed it, some going to the extremes of fan support. Take the student season ticket holders, who are at each and every home game. When Princeton made its annual trip to the Palestra, some went so far as to paint their chests with the number of their favorite Quaker player. Die-hard fans have been waiting a long time for a team that can contend for the Ivy League championship. This year's edition of the Quakers may have what it takes to make it to the Big Dance -- the NCAA tournament -- and the excitement of the fans, along with the emotions of the players, were all on display at the Palestra Saturday night. A Tiger basket triggered a roar from the 1,000 or so fans dressed in orange and black. The roar after a Quaker hoop threatened to raise the roof off college basketball's most historic gym. The noise inside the Palestra was deafening, as many of the 8,700 fans -- whether it be Penn or Princeton faithful - left the game without any strain of their voice left. This was truly NCAA basketball at its finest. Who says the Ivy League is no place for big-time basketball?