This letter is in response to Brett Douville's column, "Keeping You Up At Night In The Quad" (DP 9/27/91), addressing the problem of nocturnal noise during Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. late-night delivery of oxygen to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Delivering therapy oxygen to the University Hospital, which Air Products has done for more than 20 years, is a significant logistical challenge, since access to the oxygen storage tank is invariably blocked by parked cars. Previous efforts to eliminate the problem by relocating the tank have been negated by the absence of any acceptable alternative site. The best solution to the tank access problem has been to deliver oxygen late at night when few cars are present. However, this has caused the problem of nocturnal noise cited in the referenced article. We certainly understand that late night deliveries are disruptive and annoying to students living in nearby residence halls. Consequently, we have recently reinstated the practice of scheduling deliveries to begin after working hours and to be completed before midnight. Occasionally we may be required to deviate from this schedule to ensure an adequate supply of life-supporting oxygen to the hospital. Our distribution personnel are committed to strict adherence to this improved delivery schedule, the only exception being the infrequent requirement to meet a hospital emergency. With the continued cooperation of University security personnel, we are confident we can do so. We certainly hope that our commitment to sustain this tighter delivery schedule will prevent any further inconvenience to University students. JOHN KIRCHNER Eastern Region Manager Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.