Students whose class schedules conflict with Dining Services' lunch schedules will no longer have to grab a quick meal from a food truck. Dining Services will provide near-continuous service beginning next fall, according to Director William Canney. Despite budget cuts which have left Dining Services without a nutritionist and an associate director, Canney said last night that hours at Stouffer Dining Commons and the Hill House dining room will be extended to provide almost continuous service on both ends of the campus. Hill House will open for breakfast at 7:30 a.m. and shut down only for dinner preparation at 3:45 p.m. and a 15-minute break at 10:30 a.m. The dining area will close at 7:30 p.m., which is an hour later than the current schedule. Stouffer Dining Commons, which serves the Quadrangle, will be closed for 45 minutes at 3:45 p.m. and will remain open the entire day. Its closing time will not change. Canney said last night the changes are a response to student requests for continuous service and, despite the longer hours, Canney said he does not forsee a large increase in costs. Canney said longer hours may increase food costs, but it will not increase labor or other operational costs. The additional costs will be offset by the smaller food lines and the convenience students will now have, Canney added. Dining Commons managers said last night they do not expect an increased strain on the workers. Stouffer Dining Commons Manager Addie Flowers said the food service workers work throughout the day and the additional hours will not present a problem. Canney said he views the new schedules as a contingency plan should the Law School Dining Services and Kings Court/English House Commons be shut down when the area undergoes major renovations. Although Canney expects to lose some of the 7500 students on meal plan if the Kings Court and Law dining services are closed, he expects the longer hours to entice students to remain on the plan. "I truly think this will benefit the students," Canney said.