The prosecution is expected to finish presenting its case today in the "degree of guilt" hearing of Arnold Butcher, the 21-year-old Chester man who shot and killed an Engineering freshman in December 1989. Delaware County Assistant District Attorney Jay Mattera said yesterday he would call the rest of his witnesses to the stand today. Mattera said yesterday that Paul Robertson, Tyrone's brother and a witness to the crime, will testify today. Paul is expected to testify that Butcher tried to kill Tyrone when he shot him, not simply to scare or wound him, as the defense claims. Other witnesses will include Curtis Pinder, a friend of the Robertson family and a witness to the crime, who is expected to back up Paul Robertson's story. The remaining witnesses include Adam Sendek, a police officer who arrived on the crime scene, and Howard Montgomery, a ballistics expert. Butcher last week made an "open plea" of guilt in the murder of former freshman Tyrone Robertson in his hometown of Chester. Butcher is currently undergoing a degree of guilt hearing in front of Delaware County Judge Anthony Semeraro, who will decide if Butcher is guilty of first or third-degree murder. Butcher's attorney, Spiros Angelos, said yesterday he will probably begin his defense tomorrow, although he may have time to call the defendant to testify today. Angelos and Mattera said they expect the hearing to last until Monday. If convicted of first-degree murder, Butcher will receive a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment. If convicted of third-degree murder, Butcher may be sentenced to five to 40 years in prison and to pay a fine of up to $50,000.