The campus delivery company has never paid the Inquirer for newspapers supplied last fall, according to Inquirer Campus Sales Manager Joel Kopke. As a result, students subscribing to the newspaper through Penn News will not receive issues until the campus delivery service pays its debt and the Inquirer is sure that Penn News can continue to pay for newspapers, Kopke said. Kopke said he has made attempts to reach Penn News owner Mike Monk "on a regular basis," but said that Monk has failed to return his phone calls. Monk, a Wharton junior, did not return repeated phone calls last night or respond to a note left at his dormitory room. Subscribers to both the Inquirer and The New York Times said yesterday that they have not received papers since returning to campus after Winter Break. Officials from the Times could not be reached yesterday for comment. Last semester, Penn News was often not able to distribute newspapers because the service did not have enough employees to deliver to the campus. However, subscribers living in the Quadrangle said last night that the newspapers, normally deposited outside of the 37th Street gate if they are not delivered to their rooms, have not been left outside of the gate all this semester. Last month, the Inquirer stopped delivering papers to Penn News because of its failure to pay its bills. However, Monk, Kopke, and a Times distribution manager were to meet last month to make sure that newspaper delivery continued to all Penn News subscribers. Penn News has been trying to collect subscription money for the past month due to a dispute over use of the bursar bill. At the beginning of the fall semester, Penn News gave subscribers the option of paying for their subscriptions on their bursar bills, even though Deputy Vice Provost George Koval said last month that Penn News was informed in early September that they could use this avenue to bill students. Several subscribers who have paid for the delivery service have demanded refunds. Subscribers to both the Times and the Inquirer say they are aggravated by Penn News' inconsistent service and have tried to reach Monk several times, either to get a refund or to cancel their subscriptions without paying. College sophomore Derek Johnson said yesterday he is extremely upset with Penn News delivery and is considering calling the Better Business Bureau to find out how he can get his money back since he has not heard from Monk. "I haven't been able to get any sort of response from Penn News," Johnson said. College freshman Melissa Waterstone said last night she was not happy with Penn News' delivery and has no plans to pay the distribution service. Monk said last month that Penn News is not incorporated. He is personally liable for all debts incurred by the business.