The Daily Pennsylvanian

Recent articles:

Editorial | Abolish the UA

Once the UA is voted down, the undergraduates could send about creating a new student government. At a convention open to all undergraduates, students could present ideas and possible structures for the new government.

Editorial | Endorsement of Gabe Delaney and Joshua Chilcote for UA President and VP

Furthermore, we wholly support Delaney’s commitment to changing the internal structure of the UA, which did not seem to be shared — certainly not to the same extent — by Kim. After the recent impeachment debacle, it’s clear that something needs to be improved internally, and we believe that Delaney’s plans to empower other UA members through a more horizontal structure will be crucial to making the necessary changes.

Editorial | Packing the Palestra

On Tuesday, Penn women’s basketball defeated four-time defending champion Princeton, 80-64, to win the Ivy League title, clinching its first NCAA Tournament berth in 10 years.

And now it’s time for the Penn community to celebrate the team’s accomplishments.

Since November, the Quakers have shown determination, responding to a 31-point loss to Princeton at the Palestra in January by winning 14 of their last 15 games and ending the Tigers reign atop of the Ancient Eight.

Editorial | Minding the gap

Despite the abundance of degrees the committee members hold, however, there’s one glaring, crucial, inexcusable hole in this task force: a student voice. Indeed, on a committee responsible for assessing the state of mental health resources for students at Penn, there sit a whopping total of zero students.

Editorial | Hip, Hub, hooray

We thank Facilities and Real Estate Services for bringing more retail dining options to campus that are not only in tune with student interests and preferences but also healthy, unique and local businesses.