59636_ofslf

Penn's Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life

Credit: File Photo

Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life Eddie Banks-Crosson will transition into his new role as the director of Wharton's MBA Office of Student Life. He will start in his new position in February, according to an email from University spokesperson Monica Yant Kinney.

The email did not indicate who will be replacing Banks-Crosson as director of OFSL, and Yant Kinney did not respond to immediate request for further comment.

Maryellen Reilly, Wharton's deputy vice dean of the MBA program, sent out an email to the MBA students on Jan. 17 announcing the change. Reilly wrote that what distinguished Banks-Crosson was his "cross-racial engagement of diverse populations." 

The former OFSL director "has received accolades from organizations such as Lambda Alpha Upsilon Fraternity, Inc., Nosotros Radio, Inc., Your Latino Voice, Phi Sigma Sigma Fraternity, and Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, to name a few,” Reilly wrote. 

Banks-Crosson joined OFSL as director in August 2015. Previously, Banks-Crosson worked as the assistant director of Student Life - Greek Life at Jacksonville State University from June 2005 to April 2008. Banks-Crosson then served as Syracuse University’s director of fraternity and sorority affairs from April 2008 until his appointment at Penn. 

“It has been an honor to be part of such a talented team across VPUL, and a privilege to work with the Greek student community at Penn," Banks-Crosson wrote in an email to The Daily Pennsylvanian. "I will always treasure the relationships gained through my work in Fraternity and Sorority Life. I truly loved this job, and I look forward to expanding my Penn network by working with MBA students at Wharton."

The MBA Office of Student Life works to ensure that the graduate students' two years in Wharton are as "supportive" and "inclusive" as it can be, Reilly wrote in the email. In the past semester, the team has sponsored a variety of events that cater to different individuals, including a support panel just for international students. It also required all first-year graduate students to attend a 45-minute session with Penn Violence Prevention to learn about resources and support for the first time.