43973_10596850295_541fc15ef0_o_1f
Credit: Luke Chen

Nicholas A. Moya, a College senior studying math and economics, died Thursday night, according to an email notification from Vice Provost for University Life Valarie Swain-Cade McCoullum. 

Moya, 21, died off campus, the email said. The cause of his death was not immediately clear as of Friday morning.

Nicholas Moya

Moya was a member of Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity, where he served as president, and performed data analysis for the Men's Basketball team. Multiple members of Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity declined to comment on the record when contacted early Friday morning.

Moya, who formerly lived in Ware College House, also gave tours as a Kite and Key member and volunteered with the West Philadelphia Tutoring Project. He was from Villanova, Pa. and attended Radnor High School. 

A support session for students was held at noon on Friday in the Benjamin Franklin Room in Houston Hall, McCoullum said in the email. 

Senior News Editor Rebecca Tan contributed reporting to this article.

This is a developing story that was last updated on Friday, Sept. 1 at 2 p.m. Check back for updates. If you would like to comment on this story, please contact Executive Editor Dan Spinelli at spinelli@thedp.com.

CAMPUS RESOURCES

The HELP Line: 215-898-HELP

Counseling and Psychological Services: 215-898-7021 (is active 24/7)

University Chaplain’s Office: 215-898-8456

Student Health Service: 215-746-3535

Office of the Vice Provost for University Life: 215-898-6081

Reach-A-Peer Helpline: 215-573-2727 (helpline available every night from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.) | 215-515-7332 (texting service available 24/7) | Letter-writing service