hunstman

Penn's School of Nursing and the Wharton School of Business have both snagged top spots in this year's university rankings.

Wharton tied for top MBA program with Harvard Business School in the U.S. News & World Report graduate school rankings. Business schools on were evaluated on a number of factors including average starting salary and bonus, mean GMAT and GRE scores and acceptance rate.

That's an improvement from previous years — last year, Wharton was ranked fourth, and the year before it was ranked third.

Penn Nursing also topped the world rankings for nursing schools for the second year in a row, according to QS World University Rankings. The rankings were based on factors including the school's research impact, academic reputation and employee reputation.

“We are proud of the ranking, and even more proud of the impact we make every day in the lives of patients, families, and communities,” said Penn Nursing Dean Antonia Villarruel in a statement.

U.S. News & World Report ranked Penn's graduate nursing program third this year, behind Duke University and Johns Hopkins University.

Wharton and Harvard were followed by the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business in third place and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Sloan School of Management and Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, which tied for fourth place.