yieldpreviewdays

Dean of Admissions Eric Furda said that programming offered, such as Penn Previews, contributed to the steady yield rate.

Credit: Courtesy of University of Pennsylvania

On May 1, 66 percent of students accepted to the Class of 2019 committed to attend Penn. Last year, the yield rate for the Class of 2018 was also 66 percent.

During this year’s application cycle, 37,267 students applied to Penn in the early and regular rounds, and 3,697 were accepted. The overall acceptance rate was 9.9 percent, also the same number as last year.

The yield rate is likely to fluctuate during the summer months, Dean of Admissions Eric Furda said in an email. While some students may rescind their acceptances, others may be accepted off the waitlist, causing minor changes in the overall rate.

Yield rates for the rest of the Ivy League have not yet been released. Last year, Penn had a lower yield rate than Harvard University, Yale University and Princeton University, but a higher rate than Brown University and Dartmouth College.

Furda said that the programming offered to prospective students contributed to the steady yield rate.

“The energy and bonding of the class during our three recruitment events ConnectED Quakers Days, Multicultural Scholars and Quaker Days helped bring the class together to start the critical transition into our campus community,” he said. “I would like to thank all of our campus partners, Penn Alumni and current Penn students for reaching out to the class of 2019.”