Sixteen years ago when Playboy came to the University in search of students for its Women of the Ivy League issue, 60 students demonstrated. Next month, Playboy will return to the University hoping to find women for its new Women of the Ivy League photo spread. According to students, however, this time the magazine will be greeted with open minds instead of signs printed with "Protest, don't pose" and "Why not men in Playboy." "I think the women at Penn can do whatever they want as long as they are aware of the message they're sending," said College junior Jennifer Manion, the editor-in-chief of the campus women's magazine Generation XX . "And if they're willing to have themselves used like that or if it's worth it to them, it's their prerogative. "I think there is a popular myth that feminists object to sexual things," added the self-proclaimed feminist. "And I think the women's community is divided over the role of pornography." Other female students agreed with Manion. Although they did not say they supported the magazine, they said it was the decision of an individual to use her body however she feels comfortable. "I feel that if a woman from Penn wants to do that its fine," said College junior Colleen Mastony, also a Generation XX editor. "I don't think there is anything wrong with a beautiful woman being looked at. It's all about choice." Gons Nachman, a third-year law student said he believed Playboy's presentation of women was "not ideal." But if the woman agrees beforehand, posing nude is fine, he added. Nachman, who is the president of the Naturist Society, added that as the head of a group whose main purpose is to "raise the issue of body-consciousness," it would be unfair for him to judge women who pose for Playboy's Ivy spread. "I think it would be judgmental for me to tell a woman as a male what's right and what's wrong for her," he said. "I am the youngest of 11 children who are all women. I grew up listening to them and I respect women. But also from my own experience with the Naturist Society, I know that people are very quick to judge." College freshman Brendan McGeever agreed. "As far as the morality of it, I think there is nothing wrong with people who are proud of what they are born with and what they have worked for physically," he said. Nevertheless, not everyone will be welcoming the Playboy talent scouts to campus. "When pimps like Hugh Hefner and Christie Hefner are themselves willing to pose nude in silly, demeaning and unnatural positions for their magazine then maybe we can talk about sexual equality," said graduate student Lesley Rimmel, a member of The Penn Coalition against Sexual Exploitation. "But Penn women are worth a lot more than the measly pennies that Playboy offers and their prospects are too great for this to be some big opportunity." Rimmel, who works with women's groups on campus, was one of the Coalition members to protest a lecture given by Christie Hefner, chairperson and chief executive officer of Playboy Enterprises, Inc. Hefner defended Playboy's portrayal of women, saying last year that the magazine does not treat them as sexual objects. "I don't feel it is hurtful or limiting," Hefner said last February. "We need to take a step back from the male/female issue. [We must] understand that sexual freedom is equal to personal freedom." Rimmel added that she is infuriated by the magazine's continuing exploitation of women -- as well as their return to the University . "Were not in the 1950s any more," she said. "Even if Playboy still is." College sophomore Ross Levitt disagreed with Rimmel. "Hugh Hefner should get a raise." he said.