Articles by Voices of the Administration

02/26/09 5:00am

Evelyn Wiener | Responding to a public-health emergency

By now, many of the facts are widely known: three students hospitalized for confirmed meningococcal infection in a period of days; numerous other students evaluated in the Student Health Service and the Emergency Room, some admitted to the hospital for observation and empiric treatment pending test results; upwards of 3,000 students dispensed preventative treatment; measles; ongoing communications and updates to students and the broader university community; one very tired Health Service director.
10/02/08 5:00am

Harris Sokoloff | Working to build the next great city

The Penn Project for Civic Engagement (PPCE) is built on this premise: "We dream about what we value, then work to turn those dreams into reality." Put another way, the work of citizens in a democracy is to define the public interest and to build common ground for actions that will further the public interest.
09/03/08 5:00am

Amy Gutmann | It's time to explore

The 19th century British statesman Benjamin Disraeli described the ideal university as "a place of light, of liberty and of learning." For Penn students who want to make their mark on the 21st century, Penn is providing the most dynamic, lovely and liberating learning environment in our proud history by allowing students to stretch their minds, develop their leadership skills and learn from great professors and peers.
More Articles