05-01-2021-steinberg-dietrich-hall-avi-singh

Wharton Executive Education announced the launch of the Fixed Income and Credit Market Investing program, which will run its first cohort in early April. 

Credit: Avi Singh

The Wharton School has launched a new program for April 2024 focusing on the value of investing in fixed-income markets and products. 

The program, titled Fixed Income and Credit Market Investing, is housed within Wharton's Aresty Institute of Executive Education. Wharton Finance professor Michael Roberts will lead the program, which addresses the importance of fixed-income investing and risk management amid rising interest rates. 

Fixed Income and Credit Management Investing was curated by Wharton finance faculty, industry professionals, and academic research. Through its various executive development programs, Wharton Executive Education focuses on equipping professionals with skills necessary to their career success. 

According to Roberts, recent macroeconomic factors have prompted both investors and institutions to dedicate more attention to fixed-income investments, which have been previously little-understood. 

“Changes in the interest rate environment have been a real wake-up call for managers, investors, allocators, and others who are now realizing that understanding fixed-income investing and risk management are paramount,” Roberts said in the announcement

The program sessions will involve detailed discussions, group and individual exercises, and various decision making scenarios, delving into the scope and context of fixed-income products, as well as risk management and hedging strategies. Some crucial concepts include liquidity management, capital-structure planning, portfolio management, interest-rate risk management, and credit investing. The program aims to guide participants to effectively adapt to macroeconomic factors — such as increasing interest rates — to maximize investment returns and financial stability.

The open-enrollment program is currently accepting applications for its first cohort, which will run from April 2-5, 2024 and meet on Wharton's campus in Philadelphia. 

Wharton offers over 50 programs in executive education spanning topics such as Finance and Wealth Management, Leadership, Marketing and Analytics, and Strategy and Innovation. In January 2023, the Aresty Institute added new online programming that integrated environmental, social, and governance into Wharton's financial curriculum. 

In October, Wharton announced a new program titled Executive Influence: Increasing Your Impact With Persuasion and Power, which held its inaugural session in early February.