11-04-23-mens-soccer-vs-princeton-celebration-sydney-curran-00

Penn men's soccer celebrates their win over Princeton on Nov. 4, which secured them the Ivy Title for the second year in a row.

Credit: Sydney Curran

Ahead of the upcoming Ivy League Tournament, the conference announced its men's soccer postseason awards, and the Quakers have a lot of reason to celebrate. Five Quakers were named to various All-Ivy Teams, while coach Brian Gill won Ivy League Coach of the Year.

Senior midfielder Michael Hewes and goalkeeper Nick Christoffersen made first team All-Ivy along with junior defender Leo Burney. Hewes has eight goals on the year, including an impressive performance against Penn State where he scored a hat trick. Christoffersen has been on fire this season with 43 saves and a save percentage of 0.811. Burney has also been exceptional, anchoring the Quaker back line.

Junior forward Stas Korzeniowski grabbed a spot on the second team All-Ivy with five goals this season. Korzeniowski also had the highest number of assists in the Ivy League with seven. Junior defender Ben Do received an honorable mention designation as well.

Coach Brian Gill won Coach of the Year after leading Penn to a 7-3-5 record during the regular season, including four straight wins to close play before the postseason. Gill also won the award last season after a stellar 2022 campaign that saw the Quakers achieve a 13-3-2 record. Last year, the Quakers also made the NCAA Tournament and won their first round match against Rutgers before losing to eventual champions Syracuse in the second round.

The Red and Blue will now have to face Brown in the upcoming Ivy Tournament on Nov. 10. Winning that game will put them in position to play for the Ivy Championship. If the Quakers win the Ivy Championship game, they will punch their ticket to the NCAA Tournament.