will-krasnow-class-of-2025-president-photo-from-will-krasnow

Will Krasnow won the Class of 2025 presidency by three votes. (Photo from Will Krasnow)

Penn Student Government announced the results of the New Student Elections to the Undergraduate Assembly and the Class Board 2025 on Sunday night.

College first year Will Krasnow will serve as the president of Class Board 2025, capturing 192 votes to runner-up Wharton first year Swarith Reddy's 189. College first year Amaan Omer won the executive vice president race, defeating runner-up College first year Xandro Xu with 305 votes to Xu's 234.

“I’m ecstatic to have won this election,” Krasnow said. “I had a great time campaigning. It was super fun getting to meet and know everyone.”

This year’s elections were the first New Student Elections since 2019, after the 2020 New Student Elections were canceled due to COVID-19 and first years not being on campus. 

This year, 970 students voted in the Class Board presidential race, compared to 1,160 votes cast in the 2019 New Student Elections. Though turnout slightly decreased compared to normal pre-COVID-19 elections, many more students voted this year than in the elections held while classes were online.

Rounding out the Class Board 2025 vice presidential positions are College first year Hannah Liu, who will serve as vice president of External Affairs; College first year Ria Ellendula, who will serve as vice president of Internal Affairs; and Engineering first year Ben Sailors, who will serve as vice president of Finance.

College first years Camila Paranhos and Sri Pinnamareddy will serve as College chairs, Engineering first year Fiona Wu will serve as Engineering chair, Wharton first year Shivam Shah will serve as Wharton chair, and Nursing first year Benita Cui will serve as Nursing chair.

The nine New Student Representative seats on the Undergraduate Assembly will be filled by Liu, Krasnow, Wu, Sailors, College first year Maya El-Sharif, Wharton first year Ria Saraswat, Nursing first year Lorene Tran, Wharton first year Gabriella Gibson, and College first year Emma Shockley.

This year's elections saw the return of in-person campaigning, which the Nominations and Elections Committee had banned for the 2020 and 2021 elections. Candidates told The Daily Pennsylvanian that the return to normal campaigning rules helped them promote their candidacies with posters and flyers around campus.