ryan-glover-football-15-questions

Penn football quarterback Ryan Glover just likes to spend time with his friends when he's not on the field.

Credit: Alec Druggan

The Daily Pennsylvanian asked Penn football senior quarterback Ryan Glover 15 questions about his time with the team, his experience at Penn, and his life overall. Here's what he had to say.

1. What do you study at Penn?

I am a finance major and a music minor.

2. What is a hill you would die on?

I would die on the Runyon Canyon in Los Angeles. It has a nice, beautiful view of the Hollywood sign and city of L.A.

3. What is your all time favorite moment from Penn football?

My favorite moment from Penn football happened in 2019, last season, when we won the Homecoming game. In the fourth quarter, I threw a touchdown to seal the game.

4. What is the hardest part about being a student athlete?

I would definitely say just managing your time, academics, athletics, and social life.

5. What is something the typical person would not know about you?

I guess the fact that I am a music minor and that I love studying music. I also really enjoy singing and dancing alone.

6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

In my free time, I am a big movie guy. I can watch movies back to back, all day long. It is my favorite hobby. My favorite movie is Stepbrothers.

7. Your favorite pastime?

My favorite thing that I like to do, especially during quarantine, is just hang out with friends. Usually, some football friends or just regular friends from outside of football, but they are usually athletes.

8. Do you have a favorite postgame meal?

Yes, I do. After games, my parents usually come up to the home games. I really enjoy going to Pietro’s, which is an Italian restaurant in Center City. My favorite meal from there is chicken parmesan.

9. Do you have a particular hype song?

For the past eight years, I wanna say, I have listened to Waka Flocka Flame’s "Hard in Da Paint" before every game.

10. What got you into playing football?

My dad got me into playing football. I started when I was five. Just like any typical American kid that grew up watching football and eventually wanted to play with their friends.

11. Do you have an NFL team you go for?

For the past decade, I have always cheered for whatever team Cam Newton is on. He is my favorite player because we grew up around each other and I have been able to watch him throughout his career and since high school. Right now, I am a Patriots fan.

12. What do you enjoy most about Penn football?

What I enjoy most is the time I spend with my teammates off of the field. I really feel like Penn football is a brotherhood. We gel together on and off the field. We have a lot of fun.

13. What is the best lesson you learned throughout your college experience?

The best lesson I have learned is be where your feet are and never take any moment for granted.

14. How would you describe the team with one or a few words?

The one word I would say is brotherhood. We have each other’s back no matter what.

15. Who inspires you?

My number one inspiration is LeBron James because of the work he does on and off of the court. Being so diversified in all the business ventures that he gets into, I feel like is something I really want to do in life and something I look up to in terms of what he does.