jordan-dingle-mbbvsprinceton

Freshman guard Jordan Dingle picks up fifth Ivy League Rookie of the Week award after dual victories at Harvard and Dartmouth.

Breakout freshman guard Jordan Dingle has been named the Ivy League Rookie of the Week for the fifth time this season, after helping to secure two conference wins at Harvard and Dartmouth. This is his second week in a row being honored with the award.

Penn men’s basketball narrowly broke Harvard’s 10-game winning streak, with Dingle scoring fifteen points on Friday while adding three rebounds, one assist, and one steal. At Dartmouth, the freshman scored 13 points, helping the team secure a 54-46 win.

Staying true to his reputation for second-half power, Dingle hit three crucial free throws with less than five minutes left in the game. Averaging 14.6 points per contest, the rookie ranks second on the team in scoring, and seventh in the league overall.

With a 10-7 record and 2-2 in Ivy play, Penn is tied with Harvard and Brown for third in the conference standings and is looking ready to face off against the rest of the League. With Dingle as a strong asset, the team has high hopes for its next conference games at Columbia and Cornell this weekend.

Although the freshman guard has already proven himself to be a strong advantage for the Quakers, coach Steve Donahue thinks that his physical and mental strength give him a high level of potential for even more improvement through the rest of his college career. In Donahue’s mind, Dingle has only scratched the surface of his abilities and predicts a great career ahead.

Dingle and his coach seem to be of one mind: the freshman says that he thinks every part of his game can be improved and that he has a long way to go. Coming out of high school, the freshman already had a level of experience and discipline that is uncommon in first-year players. These factors add up, resulting in Dingle’s repeated standout performances with Penn throughout the season.