2-8-20-wbb-vs-cornell-garylin-62

Kendall Grasela's crossover and finish against Cornell was good enough to earn the senior a spot in this week's top five.

Credit: Gary Lin

It was certainly an exciting weekend for Penn men's and women's basketball, as both teams swept the weekend series against their New York rivals Columbia and Cornell. Along the way, there were plenty of memorable moments as the Red and Blue produced perhaps their strongest crop of highlights of this season.

5. Eleah Parker scores her 1000th point

Even though she is just a junior, center Eleah Parker is already etching her name into the Penn record books. In her team’s overtime win over Columbia, Parker knocked down this hook shot to become just the 23rd player in program history to eclipse the 1,000 point milestone. 

4. Devon Goodman’s circus shot gives the Quakers the lead

Needing a bucket late in the game against Cornell, the senior guard put the team on his back. The senior took a Euro step into double coverage and finished in heavy traffic to put the Red and Blue ahead.

3. Kayla Padilla with a overtime floater to put the game away

With Penn women’s basketball locked in an overtime classic against Columbia, the Quakers had a chance to put the game away up three with just over a minute to go. Standout freshman Kayla Padilla took the ball to the hoop but found herself closed off without a clean angle to the basket. With her momentum taking her out of bounds, she flicked up a difficult circus shot that found its way home, effectively icing the game.

2. Kendall Grasela, breaker of ankles

In Penn women’s basketball’s 63-41 win over Cornell, it seemed like everything was working for the Red and Blue. This was especially true for senior guard Kendall Grasela, who first broke the ankles of a Cornell defender with a crossover and then took the ball to the basket and finished an and-one layup in traffic. 

1. Brodeur and Scott ice the Quakers' win with an alley-oop

After trading baskets for most of the second half with Cornell, the Quakers began to pull away late, holding a four-point lead with a minute to go. Senior forward AJ Brodeur lobbed a pass up to junior guard Eddie Scott, who threw down the Quakers' second alley-oop of the weekend. Just seconds later, Brodeur blocked a three-pointer that would have pulled the Big Red to within one point, helping Penn put the game out of reach.