mbb-goodman-potw

Penn men's basketball junior guard Devon Goodman is leading the Quakers in scoring this season at 16.3 points per game.

Credit: Eliud Vargas

Whether in the Palestra or the Virgin Islands, junior guard Devon Goodman has done his part to carry Penn men’s basketball thus far in the season.

After earning Ivy League and Big 5 Player of the Week awards last week, the junior continued his good form and led the Quakers in scoring in all three games the team played this week.

Although Penn left the Paradise Jam with two straight losses, Goodman was a consistent positive force for the Red and Blue and was named to the All-Tournament Team.

Playing No. 12 Kansas State on Sunday night, Goodman helped the Quakers jump out to an early lead and hit two three-pointers to open the second half, but it wasn't enough to prevent the Wildcats from pulling away. Goodman put up 18 points and hit all four of his free throws in the 64-48 loss.

The Laverock, Pa. native was held a bit quieter the following day against Oregon State and only scored 13 points, but he added a week-high total of four rebounds and two steals in the 74-58 loss to the Beavers.

Goodman didn’t hold back in Saturday’s game against Division III opponent Stockton. Leading the team in scoring for the fifth game in a row, the junior notched 16 points and added a pair each of rebounds and assists in the Red and Blue’s lopsided 112-63 win.

Goodman has come into his own this season as a starter, scoring in the double digits in six of the team’s seven games. In the midst of his breakout season, you’ll want to keep an eye on this week’s DP Sports Player of the Week as the team prepares to host some premier opponents, namely Miami (Fla.) and Villanova, in the coming weeks.