51191_bn_jhjulio024_as_smart_object1f
Credit: Julio Sosa

Theft:

Feb. 9: A theft which resulted in losses of over $200 was reported in the afternoon at Levin Building. The police arrested a suspect.

Feb. 10: A non-building theft was reported at the 200 block of South 40th Street a few minutes past midnight and resulted in an arrest made by police.

Feb. 11: The David Pottruck Health and Fitness Center experienced a theft which totaled losses in over $200 but no arrests were made.

Feb. 13: Over $200 worth of money/items were reported stolen from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

Feb. 14: A bike was stolen at 4309 Baltimore Ave.

Assault: 

Feb. 11: A 19-year-old man was arrested at 3900 Fairmount Ave. after being reported for assault.

Other assault:

Feb. 9: An individual entered Philadelphia Episcopal Cathedral asking for money and then threw a traffic cone. The individual was asked to leave but responded to the complainants with threats. Police have not reported an arrest.

Robbery:

Feb. 11: The police were notified of a robbery on the 4000 block of Spruce Street conducted by a 45-year-old man. The suspect was positively identified as the one provided in flash descriptions and was subsequently arrested.

Defiant trespass:

Feb. 12: A 45-year-old man was issued a citation after following a resident into a building on the 4000 block of Chestnut Street which he did not have permission nor reason to enter.

Feb. 13: A 50-year-old man was issued a citation after blocking the doors of Wawa at 3604 Chestnut St. and refusing to leave when asked. 

Feb. 13: A 55-year-old man was asked to leave the Dunkin' Donuts at 125 S 49th St. but refused and was subsequently escorted out by the police. By the manager’s request, the suspect was asked not to return. The man later re-entered the store and was issued a citation for defiant trespass.